Quick & EasyMarvellous Meatless MealNo Egg Breakfast
Quick & easy to make these fritters are low in carbs but high in nutrition. Sure to be a hit with the whole family as they are great in lunchboxes or any time of the day. Also great to serve with your fav chicken, beef or fish.
|cauliflower head, fresh, medium, finely chopped (remove stems)||1|
|alternately pre-chopped cauliflower rice (produce area or frozen food section))||2 x 300g packet|
|parmesan cheese, grated||3 tbsp|
|whole egg, lightly beaten||1|
|garlic powder||1 tsp|
|onion powder||1 tbsp|
|apple sauce puree||2 tbsp|
|corn flour||2 tbsp|
|curry powder, mild||1 tsp|
|spring onions, fresh, finely sliced||2|
|coriander leaves / continental parsley, fresh, chopped||1/4 cup|
|canola oil cooking spray|
|yoghurt, dairy-free, plant-based (soy, almond, coconut)|
Place chopped cauliflower florets into a microwave-safe container and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft and tender. When done transfer the florets onto a cutting board and using a sharp knife, cut them into very small pieces. Alternately, if using pre-packaged cauliflower rice, cook according to instructions on the packet (2-2½ minutes in the microwave.)
Transfer the cooked cauliflower pieces/rice into a large mixing bowl.
Add the garlic, onion and curry powders, cheese, spring onions, coriander, egg, apple sauce and cornflour, and stir until well combined. *If too wet add a little more flour.
Line a plate with 2-3 sheets of paper towels. Set aside.
Coat a medium-sized non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Spoon 4-5 heaped tablespoons of the fritter mixture into the hot pan spacing them at least 1 inch apart and flatten them slightly with a spatula.
Cook the fritters for 2-3 minutes, flip them once and cook them for an additional 1-2 minutes until they're golden brown and cooked through.
Transfer the fritters to the paper towel-lined plate. Repeat the process until all mixture is used.
Serve these delicious low-carb veggie fritters topped with either fruit/tomato relish and/or a dollop of yogurt. They can be eaten warm or cold.
- The most common way to cook fritters is free-form style, dropping a spoonful of the fritter mixture into the pan. For this recipe, I used egg rings to help shape and make the flipping of the fritters easier!
- Serve fritters with a little smashed avocado and a couple of poached eggs to transform this into a low carb, low fat nutritious, protein-packed meal. Ideal for breakfast or lunch, and make for great snacks for the kids' lunchboxes!
- Fridge: Store any leftover fritters in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Freeze: Just place the fritters in between a layer of baking/parchment paper and freeze. Transfer 3-4 of the fritters into a small clip-lock plastic bag and store for up to 2 months.
- Reheat: reheat the fritters either in a pan with a bit of oil or in the microwave for 10-15 seconds until warm and crispy.
|Calories (per serving)||78 (2 fritters per serving)|
Jump on in and see what all the fuss is about! Check our our free recipes and put our grocery list creator to work...Create your FREE account